Last Updated 8/25, 2011
Acceptance of Terms
- We do not collect personally identifiable information (data collected with an intention to identify and/or contact a person such as name, address, telephone number or e-mail address) (hereinafter “PII”), except as expressly provided for herein. PII may be collected should a consumer contact Friendbuy on his/her own initiative or respond to a Friendbuy advertisement and provide such PII.
- The non-personally identifiable information we collect may include as an example, IP address, browser types, operating systems, domain names, language preference, access dates and times, referring website addresses, online transactions and browsing and search activity.
- We may use your Non-PII (“Information”) for the following general purposes: enhancement of our services; marketing; and to more effectively match advertisements and website content to your interests.
- We may share your Information with third party service providers we have contracted with, third party marketing partners, business partners and our clients, and as expressly provided for herein.
- We use reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your data.
Information we collect
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
As part of our on-going efforts to ensure the best possible experience for all recipients of Friendbuy advertising, we may use log files, web beacons and cookies (defined below) to collect and store data from browsers, advertiser and third party sites (“Sites”) to aggregate Information. The Information collected is used for marketing purposes, enables us to determine which advertisements perform well, allows us to more effectively match advertisements and website content to your interests, if necessary, assists us in improving the operation of our services, helps us to maintain the quality of our services, enhances our services to our business partners and clients and enables us to provide general statistics to our business partners and clients regarding use of Friendbuy’s services.
“Log files” store tracked actions occurring on Sites and collect data including your IP address, browser type, referring url, request url, user agent, browser accept language, platform type, and date/time stamp (for clicks and sales/leads only), which make up click, impression, and sales/lead data, advertisements viewed, and any other data that comes from interaction with Friendbuy’s network.
“Web beacons” are objects that are embedded in a web page or e-mail and are usually invisible to the user but are used to track a web user’s navigation of a website or collection of websites or pages, interaction with an e-mail, the completion of transactions, submittal of applications and browsing behavior.
There are two classes of Cookies based on how long they remain on an internet enabled device: (i) “Session Cookies,” which are used only during a web user’s visit to a website or web page and are erased once such user closes the browser, and (ii) “Persistent Cookies,” which remain on a web user’s browser for no more than 5 years from a user’s last interaction with an advertisement.
A useful resource on understanding Cookies may be found at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Sharing your information
Information Shared by Friendbuy
In the event that Friendbuy is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your Information is treated, transferred, or used.
Information Collected by Third Party Sites
Processing and storing your data
Friendbuy employs appropriate measures to ensure the security of all Information, and we routinely evaluate our practices to identify security threats or opportunities for the improvement of our services. No transmission of information is guaranteed to be completely secure. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise data security. You acknowledge and agree to assume this risk when communicating with us.
Friendbuy is very sensitive to the issue of the privacy rights of children. Friendbuy Websites and services generally are neither developed for, nor directed at, children.