Last Updated March 14, 2014
Friendbuy, Inc. (“Friendbuy”), respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same.
Friendbuy responds to claims of copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). We use a similar process for trademark infringement claims.
To notify us of copyright infringement committed on our website, you need to send us a written notice by mail or fax (email is not sufficient) that includes all of the following information:
1. Identification of the copyrighted work you claim is being infringed – please be specific.
2. Identification of the material you believe is infringing, with information that is reasonably sufficient for us to locate the material.
3. Your name, address, phone number and email address.
4. Include both of the following statements in your notice:
- “I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or reference or link to such material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
- “I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
5. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that has allegedly been infringed.
Friendbuy will treat notices that meet these requirements in accordance with the DMCA.
If we have taken down any content that you believe should not have been removed, you can send us a written counter-notice by mail or fax. Please be sure your counter-notice meets the DMCA requirements and we will follow the process set out in the DMCA. If you would like more about the DMCA, please visit DMCA Site.
To notify us of trademark infringement, you need to send us a written notice that includes: (a) the specific trademark you claim is being infringed, (b) detailed information about the trademark you claim is infringing your trademark and where you saw that infringing trademark on our site, (c) your name, address and email address, (d) statements that are the equivalent to #4 and #5 above but as to the trademark instead of a copyright, (e) a physical or electronic signature meeting the requirements of #6 above, and (f) the serial or registration number of your trademark if it has been registered.
We will respond to all infringement notices that meet the requirements set forth above. We reserve the right to remove any content without prior notice and at our sole discretion. We may disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others.
Where to Send Notices
Please send copyright and trademark notices to:
Attn: Copyright/Trademark Agent
9663 Santa Monica Blvd #184
Beverly Hills, CA 90210